DISC TYPE COUPLINGS - DMU SERIES
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ESCODISC DMU SERIES COUPLINGS
Disc couplings are of an all-metal, non-lubricated design and are torsionally stiff. The torque is transmitted by means of discs, which are alternatively mounted (on the same bolt circle) to the drive and driven flange of the disc pack assembly.
The misalignment capacity depends on the pack thickness, the disc material, the amount of drive bolts and the free span of the material between the drive bolts.
The total torque capacity depends on the disc pack thickness, total number of drive bolts and their bolt circle. Disc couplings will in most cases have two flexible elements and a spacer. As all parts are positively connected, this disc coupling ensures good inherent balancing properties and is hence often used at motor speeds without additional balancing. ESCO disc couplings meet the API 610 standards.
The ESCODISC DMU series is built for infinite life and to meet the demands of the market for efficiency, lower maintenance and reduced life cycle costs. It is the ideal solution to a multitude of applications up to 260,000 Nm (and larger upon request), thanks to its high torque, bore and misalignment capacities, its high degree of natural inherent balance (lower AGMA class 9) up to size 85.
THE ESCO ADVANTAGE
- Replaceable on-site unitized disc pack
- Discs with an optimized shape unitized as a pack
- No fretting corrosion is caused by fillers that avoid contact with the discs.
- Coasting down torque transmission guaranteeing in case of disc pack failure
- Simple to assemble and disassemble.
The ESCODISC DMU-series, like the other ESCO disc couplings, have the following advantages as well:
- Shaped stainless steel discs that are optimized for equal load distribution
- Due to the use of shielded bolts and stainless steel discs, there are no issues in dirty and corrosive environments
- Full-hard stainless steel discs per AISI 301
- Hardware with a special plating
- Flange holes that were precisely drilled and reamed
- Oiled for protection, black oxyded steel throughout
- High continuous misalignment capacity and torque
- Free maintenance
- Very low and predictable reaction forces on associated equipment
- No disc buckling or fretting corrosion exists between the discs